Coronavirus took over our lives last year, but it feels like the world is going to make it. Although Germany has not yet got out of the lockdown, many of my ERP customers in the Unit4, IFS and Infor LN etc. markets are preparing to bring employees back from short-time work.This is fantastic news for the financial security of employees and for businesses getting back to normal operations.However, if you've used short-time work or a similar short-time work program, work full-time from home, or return to work after a period of unemployment, it can be daunting to return to work.I thought I was going to blog about what you can do to prepare for your return to the office.
1. Start waking up earlier each day.That way you won't feel so unbalanced when your alarm goes off on Monday morning!
2. Do a test run.As ERP consultants, many of my candidates have children or partners who are also at home and are returning to study or work.Instead of the crazy family rush in the morning, do a test run a day or two beforehand so it feels better that day.
3. Be prepared.That can mean preparing your meals, planning your day the night before, and having your work outfits ready.These are small things, but they take the stress out of you and are a good habit for the first week.
4. Stay in touch with your co-workers.Most likely, other coworkers returning to work feel the same way, so confide in each other.
5. Surround yourself with inspiring content.This could be watching your favourite quotes, podcasts, or uplifting music.
These are just a few tips that can make it easier to return to full-time work.My main piece of advice would be not to be afraid that it might take a while to get back into the routine.Returning to work after a vacation, let alone months of an interrupted work style and routine, can be a challenge.It can be tough at first, but that's fine!
What are your thoughtsIs there anything that helped you return to full time work that I missed?Have you recently returned to full-time work, how was it?Let me know in the comments below!
If you are worried about going back to work, it might be the case that you are not in the right job for you.Get in touch for a confidential discussion about how we can help you find the right job opportunities in the ERP markets and / or integrated systems for you.